Sewing machines are wonderful and practical tools to have in your household. It is super handy to have a sewing machine on hand for a rip in a shirt or a hole in a pair of jeans that needs to be fixed right away. Even if you are just creative and like designing and making your own clothes, a sewing machine makes the process a thousand times easier. Of the many different brands out there, usually when someone thinks about a sewing machine, the brand Singer comes to mind. Singer sewing machines have a really impeccable reputation for being one of the best brands of sewing machines to ever be created. The Featherweight Sewing Machine is one of the lock stitch domestic sewing machines that was produced by the company from 1933 to These vintage sewing machines are high valued collector’s items and still have an extreme popularity with sewing machine enthusiasts today. This type of Singer sewing machine is still actively used by quilters today. Here are the best featherweight sewing machines.
8. Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing Machine comes equipped with Box Feed Technology and can quilt and sew light weight material or thick weight material. There is a wide sewing space that is available, along with an extended sewing table, too. The sewing machine also features free motion sewing and can be used with ease from users of all ages.
- There are several different templates and patterns that the sewing machine can follow! The designs on this sewing machine are really simple to use.
7. Singer Featherweight C240 Handy Sewing Machine with IEF System
This sewing machine from Singer has over 70 built-in stitches. They are displayed on the interior of the lid of your machine when it is raised. This machine allows you to sew all types of fabrics or all thicknesses of fabric as well. You will be able to layer and not have to worry about the fabric slipping off because it will not shift. This sewing machine also allows you to sew all sorts of stitches from the basic stitches to tougher kinds like decorative stitches applique stitches and three different styles of buttonholes. The sewing machines also offers different thread tensions, depending on the type of fabric that you are working with. The needle has a programmable up and down feature, and you can also set up a stop position of the needle. This makes free-motion sewing a breeze and attaching pockets faster than ever as well. This sewing machine has a warranty in the United States and Canada only if it is the 110 volt version.
- Two LED Light Sources, Snap-on Presser Feet, 29 Needle Positions, Optional Large Extension Table.
6. Singer 160 Anniversary Limited Edition Computerized Sewing Machine
This is a computerized version of the classic Singer sewing machine that Singer is known for. With the quick view stitching setting displays, you are sure to get the optimal stitching that you would love for any of your sewing projects. The simple stitch adjustment will keep the seams strong and prevents any kind of extra movement or bunching when the process of sewing is being completed. There is an OneTouch stitch selection that will make it super simple to personalize just about anything that you would like to. There are 24 built-in stitches, essential, stretch, decorative, and fully automatic 1-step buttonholes. This 110 volt machine is designed to help you save time while you are completing your sewing project.
- Feed dogs drop for free motion quilting, attractive sewing machine, longer arm of the machines makes for easy quilting, and larger projects.
5. Singer Fashion Mate 3333 Free-Arm Sewing Machine
The Singer Free-Arm has 23 Built-in stitches and a built-in four step buttonhole. There is also an automatic needle threader which makes working with this machine even easier than you can imagine. It even threads the eye of the needle for you – what more could you want? This machine has a really heavy duty frame, which makes it really durable in the long run. There are also a variety of accessories that come with the sewing machine, and the free arm provides easy access to things that are usually somewhat harder to get to with a sewing machine.
- Accessories including all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, buttonhole sewing foot, darning plate, bobbins, pack of needles, thread spool cap, auxiliary spool pin, seam ripper, lint brush, and edge guides.
4. Singer One Vintage Style Computerized Sewing Machine
This vintage style sewing machine has 24 built-in stitches that are basic, stretch, decorative, and two automatic 1-step buttonholes stitches that allows you to sew plenty of projects. This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader, which helps you get your needle started without any frustration or any unnecessary eye strain. This sewing machine has a high presser foot that can be moved up for easy usage and to help you further complete you project a lot easier than ever before. The machine also features an automatic reverse, which your conveniently just push the button and you begin to sew in reverse to make sure the stitching will not come undone at any time. This sewing machine comes complete with a ton of different accessories that can make the sewing a lot easier.
- Accessories include all-purpose foot, blind hem foot, satin stitch foot, one-step buttonhole foot, zipper foot, needles, bobbins, spool pin felt, auxiliary spool pin, thread spool caps, needle plate screwdriver, lint brush and seam ripper.
3. Brother Quilting Sewing Machine PQ1500SL
This sewing machine by Brother has an auto thread trimmer that makes the machine easier to use by just pushing a button. The machine comes with a built-in needle threader, which makes threading the needle easier and less frustrating. This machine can sew up to 1500 stitches per minute, which is great for a professional seamstress or someone who runs an embroidery business. There are multiple settings that you can use in order to control how you need to sew, if it is a different way for a different project. This sewing machine comes with a 25 year limited warranty, which is complete with free technical phone support for the life of the product.
- The best feature of this sewing machine is the fact that is sews at 1500 stitches per minute. Every project you complete will be quick and easy!
2. Singer 7258 Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
This sewing machine allows the user to select the stitching that you would like to do and with a simple push of a button, you can begin your project the way that you would like. This sewing machine has optimum settings for different lengths, widths, and tension sets just for the certain project that you are working on. There is also an unbeatable 25 year warranty on this sewing machine, which is pretty much unheard of on most other sewing machines.
- 6 built in one step buttonholes, stitch selection, winder stop.
1. Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine CS6000i
This sewing machine is the Best Overall Seller on this list. It received the 2018 Women’s Choice Award for the Most Customer Recommended Sewing Machine. The CS6000i is one of the easiest sewing machines to use. There is a stitch selector that allows you to see the stitch before you begin your project, which takes away room for errors. This sewing machine also comes with an automatic needle threader, which pushes the thread through the needle perfectly every single time. The machine comes with adjustable sewing speeds and gives you more control over the sewing process in general. The Built-in Free Arm will help you if you are sewing project involving sleeves, pant legs, and other harder things to sew.
- Wide Table, Built-in Free Arm, a simple-to-view LCD display, quick start guide